Sunday 17 February 2013

Campbell's Calendar - Lover's Paradise!

Hello all

I've had quite a few of you asking recently where Campbell's Calendar has got to!  I'll be honest, I've been a bit snowed under of late meeting lots of lovely brides and preparing quotations following all our consultations, so it went a bit by the wayside!  I promise to try and change that and keep you lovely readers a bit more up-to-date with what we've been up to, so here's this week's news ...

Monday 11th




Spent the morning at a Business Blogging workshop along with some fab industry friends - Jess Petrie, Jenn Edwards and Jane Stammers.  Jane had a great idea of how we could all help each other out by sharing our business experiences, the idea is in it's infancy but think we might rope in a few others - just love a collective!



Tuesday 12th

A trip to the flower market to stock up on lots of goodies for weddings and a really fabulous wedding fair which I'm planning madly in my head at the mo!  Couldn't resist a few of these pretties ...




Oh, and finally managed to catch up with all our gorgeous new 'family' members and set up all their Pinterest boards - pop over and have a little look if you're looking for a bit of inspiration for your flowery needs!

Wednesday 13th




Pretty much spent the whole day making up for the big day on the 14th!  We've decided against roses this year and are working in our usual romantic, natural style using a combination of dried and fresh flowers to achieve our 'just picked' look.  They were really well received!

Thursday - Valentine's Day




A bit of a nutty one as you can imagine!  Just as I was about to leave with my first deliveries, I got a call from BBC Radio Sheffield who asked me if I'd do a quick live interview on the Toby Foster show about Valentine's Day - they wanted a florist's perspective! Here's the interview, in case you missed it.   As you can tell I was a bit giddy with the surprise of it all!

I love Valentine's Day, there are so many stories to tell, so many lovely romantic gestures - my favourite card of the day was this one!



Friday 15th




We received our latest edition of the fabulous Wedding Flowers, which we've been a fan of since, well, forever! It's been through a re-design and has some great new features and we were delighted to find two of our designs have been featured - and we'd no idea. And to cap it all, got a really lovely tweet from the Features Editor too!

Saturday 16th

After a pretty crazy week and just one consultation - I decided to take some family time! Hope you've all had fun this week, I'd love to hear your stories and what you think about the return of Campbell's Calendar!

We've another exciting week ahead, with lots planned which we'll keep you up-to-date with each day on Facebook, oh, and we're planning a few changes and improvements to our website scheduled to happen over the next few weeks. Any suggestions, are always gratefully received!

Enjoy your weekend

Tx









No comments: