Wednesday 27 November 2013

Emma & James - Dusk, Candlelight and Soft Silvery Rain

Hello everyone!

I'm so delighted to bring you this very, very beautiful Sheffield wedding which happened only a few weeks ago. When Emma came to see me to talk about her day, she told me that she and James had decided to get married in November - not everyone's first choice I know, but she described the day as being really soft, with diffused candlelight, a ceremony at dusk overlooking the shiny, rainy, silvery shiny pavements of Tudor Square. And I just thought, yes! So, so beautiful. And it was.

As a graphic designer and avid collector of willow pattern china tea sets, Emma had a strong idea of containers, colour palette and look and feel. She adores the soft grey-green of succulents, so these featured as table arrangements in willow pattern tea cups and jugs, which she could give to friends and family at the end of the day. In terms of flowers, everything was to be kept very soft in rich buttery creams, delicate blushes and pretty peaches with feminine whispy foliages and grey-green eucalyptus.

Here are just a few shots from the day by the fabulous India Hobson who has quite simply captured the day perfectly ...



Emma wore the most exquisite kimono-style coat over her wedding gown whilst travelling to the Crucible



Her bouquet


All Emma's bridesmaids had pretty vintage-inspired wrist corsages (and a quick lesson on how to wear them from me beforehand!) 



En route



Willow pattern inspired order of service


I was so in love with this beautiful room in The Crucible and the view over Tudor Square was to die for 




... just lovely















The attention to detail was amazing and even the cake was willow pattern-inspired too



Just awesome! You might have noticed the highly creative and fabulous skills of my lovely friend Jenn Edwards too, who I was really happy to recommend to Emma and did a wonderful job on the day.

So, what do you think? Having always been a very sunny individual, I'm now totally sold on gorgeous winter weddings - I just adore those soft, muted tones.

Has this given you some inspiration for a wedding with a difference, or are you already planning an Autumn or Winter wedding?  Leave me your thoughts and I'll be sure to get back to you.

My thanks again to Emma and James for including me in their day and to the fab India Hobson for the use of her wonderful photographs.

Back soon with more pretties - until then, enjoy!

Tracey x


If you're looking for more help with choosing your wedding flowers or are searching for further inspiration, you can find lots of pics and information here:-



No comments: