Friday 10 October 2014

Living the Dream! - A Prima Magazine Feature November 2014

Hello all

I'm just popping onto the blog with some really exciting news.  During August I was contacted by a very lovely freelance journalist who had seen our website and wanted to have a chat with me about a feature she was putting together for Prima magazine.  Some while ago, the editors at Prima had asked their readers what their dream job might be, given the choice.  One of their top four choices was a florist and the magazine was really interested in women who had had a change in career.

Cue lil'o me!

After a really long chat and phone interview, followed by a couple of additional interviews by phone and email, I heard from the picture editor at the magazine who happily was interested in featuring me so we organised a photo shoot with one of her favourite London photographers, here at the studio. What excitement! It was a really brilliant day, the photographer, Thomas, was absolutely wonderful. We hit it off straight away and he was totally brilliant at putting me at ease - we were so chilled we even got Lily whippet into a couple of shots surrounded by beautiful British grown blooms we had ready for one of that weekend's weddings.

So here are a few shots of the feature in this month's Prima ....












Before the magazine came out, I got to see a few of the really wonderful shots from our photo shoot and so I thought I'd share everything with you - hope you like them.





How cute is Lily our studio whippet?!

Well, it's back down to earth with a bump next week as we get ready for a wonderful weekend packed full of weddings. I'm still smiling as I type though!

T x

Photo credit Thomas Skovsende

PS: The writing is so fabulous do go and get a copy if you can!

No comments: