Saturday 9 March 2013

Katie & Adam - Red Lippy and Winter Berries!

Hello lovelies!

Today I bring you one of our lovely real weddings from last year featuring the fabulous Katie & Adam, who were married here, in Sheffield, in mid November.

Katie and I hit it off the first time we met - she's the wedding co-ordinator at one of the top hotels in Sheffield and we got chatting at my first ever wedding fair, at her place of work! I was so excited when she mentioned she was getting married, I'm afraid I was a bit over-enthusiastic (something she reminds me of when I see her!!).  Luckily though, Katie really loved my designs and so we got together for a consultation and just completely hit it off.

She adores gorgeous red, velvety roses and so I suggested using red Naomi, a deliciously scented, absolutely stunning, big, beautiful rose. We teamed these with her favourite purple tulips, some hypericum berries for texture all offset everything with pretty lilac and magenta roses, creating a fabulous rich and sumptuous bouquet. To make sure the bouquet worked with her 50's styled gown, we kept the bouquet quite compact and a strong 'ball' shape.







I'm so happy to say that the lovely Jo from Creative Images photographed the day and has been incredibly kind and generous by sending me some really gorgeous shots of the day ...





We created a similar, smaller bouquet for the bridesmaids and left out the berries to make Katie's bouquet a little different and the weeniest bit more special!



The boy's buttonholes were really simple and elegant, using the gorgeous roses and a little berry





Their venue was the stunning City Hall in Sheffield, with it's Art Deco fabulousness - everything looked so beautiful. Candleabras were decorated with simple corsages of flowers, as were the backs of the chairs and it was wall-to-wall candles everywhere!

















Such a fabulousness, and what I want to know is how did that gorgeous lippy stay on all day and night?!

My thanks to Katie and Adam for choosing me to be part of their day - I was also lucky enough to be asked along to the evening, which was just the best fun ever!

Tracey x

Photo credit Creative Images : http://creativeimagesphotography.co.uk/



For more of our work, visit our


No comments: