Friday 1 March 2013

Wonderful Workshops - An Afternoon's Private Tutition

Hello all,

Today I bring you news of my latest floral design workshop, an afternoon's private tuition, here in the workroom at Campbell's HQ.



I was contacted a little while ago by Bestz who is a Thai MA Business student, studying at Sheffield Uni.  She was looking for someone to teach her floristry basics as a bit of light relief from her very academic studies.  We chatted through email before arranging an afternoon of quite intensive learning - not knowing Bestz abilities I chose a range of designs which would easily lend themselves to extension tasks if needed.  Lucky I'd thought this through and had a contingency plan, as she's an absolute natural and took to the designs really easily!



I chose a nice range of materials for her to work with, some of which she was familiar with and some of which were completely new.  Here's what we used:-


-         Rose ‘Sweetness’
-         Alstroemeria ‘Granada
-         Wax Flower ‘Oli’
-         Eucalyptus ‘Cinerea’
-         Eucalyptus ‘Baby Blue’
-         Scabious seed pods
-         Phaleanopis Orchid ‘Monte Carlo’ 





And here's what we made ...





A pretty, soft, all-round, vintage-inspired table design



A simple rose buttonhole, finished with lace



A natural buttonhole, finished with chord binding


A quite tricky, wired orchid wrist corsage


The end! Not bad for four hours!

We had a lovely time together and chatted about Thailand (I spent some time there years ago - but that's another story!) and I'm really looking forward to the next session in a couple of weeks.

Hope you like our designs, my new season of workshops are kicking off again soon and all details will be up on the website under our usual Flower School section in the next couple of weeks.  Keep your eyes peeled and I'll be in touch through the usual channels!  'Til then, enjoy!


You can find more of our work on:






No comments: